IRCTC Cancellation charges: Nowadays, booking online tickets for Indian Railways and cancellation have become much easier and complication free. It is not always easy to book your tickets by visiting the platform. For the help of the passengers, the Indian Railways has provided the facility to book and reserve tickets for online methods.
Through the official portal of IRCTC, passengers can easily book their tickets for a safe and hassle-free journey. But equally, the IRCTC has also introduced the IRCTC cancellation charges for canceling booked tickets. After deducting the clerk age fee, the fare is returned if the passenger’s ticket is provided for cancellation of the RAC or waitlisted ticket.
You need to know the full details of IRCTC Cancellation charges before you cancel any one of your confirmed tickets. It will simply help you to know how many charges are going to apply for the cancellation process of Indian railway tickets.
Recently the Indian Railway Authority has made some changes regarding the IRCTC cancellation charges. As a passenger of the Indian Railway, you should have the knowledge properly. Let’s have a quick look at the important aspects regarding Cancellation charges for confirmed train tickets and IRCTC ticket cancellations online.
IRCTC Cancellation Charges | Rules Of E-Ticket Cancellation Charges
IRCTC Cancellation charges: The Indian Railway is probably one of the largest and most crowded transportation systems. Every day lakhs of people travel by train and reach their destinations. But the Indian Railways has made some changes or rules for e-ticket cancellation and prepared a chart list of the cancellation charges. Here you must take a look at the IRCTC cancellation charges details.
- If you want to cancel your booked ticket before the departure time or scheduled time of the train, then here are the following charges that you need to pay. Initially, if you cancel the confirmed train ticket within 48 hours ago of the scheduled time, then these payments will be deducted as cancellation charges. Even the authority will also add the GST charges for the cancellation of all of the below tickets.
- As a passenger, if you have booked AC first class train ticket or executive class train ticket for yourself, then 240 rupees will be deducted as a cancellation charge.
- If a passenger has booked AC first class or AC tier-two train ticket, then 200 rupees will be deducted as the cancellation charge.
- Passengers who have booked an AC Chair car or car AC economy class or AC tier three ticket then 180 rupees will be deducted from the cancellation charge.
- For the sleeper class train ticket, 120 rupees will be deducted for the cancellation of the ticket.
- For the second-class train ticket cancellation, 60 rupees will be deducted for the cancellation of the ticket. “IRCTC Cancellation charges”
- Initially, the passengers will also face the cancellation of 25% of the fare amount of a confirmed ticket 48 hours to 12 hours before the scheduled departure time of the train.
- Even The passengers will also have to face the cancellation of 50% of the fare amount of a confirmed ticket 12 hours to 4 hours before the scheduled departure time of the train.
Important Things You Need To Know About The Cancellation Train Ticket Process
IRCTC Cancellation charges: Now here we are going to present some important updates regarding the IRCTC cancellation charges along with cancellation charges for confirmed train tickets and the IRCTC ticket cancellation online process.
- Now it is possible to book a train ticket in advance and reserve the train ticket 120 days before the scheduled time for the train.
- Even the passengers can also cancel the tickets before the final chart prepared by the IRCTC through the online method.
- But the passengers cannot cancel their e-tickets by visiting the railway counter. It is only available online. After the cancellation, the refund money will be credited to the account of the passengers.
How To Cancel An E-Ticket Online Of IRCTC
Now, here are the following steps that the passengers will have to carry forward to cancel an e-ticket of IRCTC online.
First, the passengers will have to visit the official portal of IRCTC.
Then the passengers will have to log in to their account by using the correct login details, including the user id and password.
After that, the passengers will have to go to the My Account Menu option. By selecting the option now, the passengers will have to go to the My Transactions option and then Booked Ticket History option.
Next, the passengers will have to select the ticket and need to click on the cancel ticket option.
After initiating the ticket again, the ticket cancel option will be seen. And the passengers will again have to click on it.
After that, a pop-up message will appear on the screen, and the passengers need to simply click on the ok button.
Immediately after the cancellation of the ticket, the authority will deduct the cancellation charge, including the GST charge. And the rest of the money will be refunded to the passenger’s account shortly.
Next, the passengers will get an email and message for the cancellation of the ticket on their mobile number and registered mail ID.
Cancellation Procedure Of Counter Tickets Through Offline And SMS Method
IRCTC Cancellation charges: Passengers who want to cancel their counter tickets through the offline method need to follow the below basic steps.
- The passengers will have to visit the PRS counters of the Indian Railway, and by submitting the cancellation form for booked tickets, they can cancel the counter tickets easily.
Passengers who want to cancel their counter ticket through SMS method need to follow the below basic steps.
- To cancel the train ticket through SMS service, first, the passengers will have to create a new message by typing cancel, including the PNR number and train number.
- And need to forward the message to 139.
- After the cancellation of the counter ticket, the passenger will get a confirmed message from the IRCTC authority.
IRCTC Cancellation charges: Here we have concluded all of the details regarding the IRCTC Cancellation charges for the passengers. The passengers can know the details individually related to the cancellation charges for confirmed train tickets and IRCTC ticket cancellation online process. To know more updates regarding the same, select the bookmark option on our website.
IRCTC Cancellation charges: FAQ’s
1. What are the cancellation charges for IRCTC?
We have given the full details on the cancellation charges of IRCTC in the above article. You all can get the details by reading it.
2. Can I get a 100% refund for the train ticket cancellation?
Yes, of course, it is possible to get a 100% refund on train ticket cancellation, but you need to cancel your ticket 3 days before the scheduled departure time of the train.
3. How much money is deducted on the cancellation of a train ticket?
You can also follow the above mention article to know the details on the cancellation deduction of train tickets.
4. Will I get a refund if I cancel my ticket in IRCTC?
The refund money depends on the cancellation time before the scheduled departure time of the train.