Chandra Grahan 2023 date and Time: This article is the right place if you are a sky gazer and love staying updated with all the sky events. We will discuss Chandra Grahan 2023 or the lunar eclipse of this year in the article below, which will astonish you. If we talk about what is a lunar eclipse? It is a celestial event that occurs when the moon comes closer to the shadow of the Earth. Here, the moon looks like a dark ring or circle.
A lunar eclipse is an event that occurs every year. In 2023, the Earth will witness two Chandra Grahan 2023. The first is on 5th May 2023, and the second is on 28th October 2023. It can be visible in various places in India. So, get ready with your preparations to see the lunar eclipse this year.
chandra grahan 2023 date and time
|Lunar eclipse types||Date||Begin time||End time|
|Lunar Eclipse: shadow||5th May to 6th May 2023||8:44 pm||1:01 am on 6th May|
|Lunar eclipse: Partial||28th October 2023||4:24 pm||To be updated|
Visibility of Chandra Grahan 2023
Chandra Grahan 2023 will occur in the upcoming days, i.e., 5th May 2023. People who like astrological events can see this lunar eclipse and enjoy it to the fullest. It is visible worldwide, in Asia, Australia, Africa, Europe, the Atlantic, India, the Indian and Pacific oceans, and Antarctica. This lunar eclipse will also be visible in India on 5th March 2023 at 8:44 pm.
As we know, we can not see son eclipse directly with our naked eyes because it harms the eyes in one way or another. However, it is not the same as the moon eclipse, as gazers can see it without any preventative measures. It can be seen directly through the naked eye without any harmful effects. So, take a break from your busy schedule to enjoy the upcoming lunar eclipse of 2023.
Types of Chandra Grahan 2023
Do you know how many types of Lunar eclipses or Chandra Grahan 2023? If not, stick to this article. Here, if we talk about types so; there are three types of lunar eclipses discussed below:
Lunar eclipse: Full
In this lunar eclipse, the Earth goes through the sun and moon. The moon hides in the shadow of the Earth entirely and looks like a dark ball or ring. In this position of a lunar eclipse, the sun, moon, and Earth are aligned in a straight line. That’s why if we see the moon from the Earth, it looks like a black ball to us.
Meanwhile, soft sunlight passes through the atmosphere of the Earth. This light bends and scatters a bit on the moon, providing a glowing phenomenon. This time, the Earth blocks the sunlight on the moon’s surface.
Lunar eclipse: Partial
It is another phase of Chandra Grahan 2023 when the sun, moon, and Earth are not completely aligned in a straight line. In this lunar eclipse position, the moon is not entirely hiding in the Earth’s shadow as it gets some sunlight on its surface. It is the reason to call this lunar eclipse a partial.
Lunar eclipse: Penumbral
This Chandra Grahan 2023 is the least considerable out of the above three lunar eclipses. If we talk about how it occurs? So, we can say when the moon crosses, the shadow is cast by the Earth. This lunar eclipse is not easy to see. It is because it is so minor and light-visioned.
Some do’s and Don’ts of Chandra Grahan 2023
In India, there are many beliefs and myths about Chandra Grahan 2023. Therefore, we are here with some do’s and don’ts in the below section:
- This upcoming lunar eclipse is not harmful to see the naked eye. Still, you can use a telescope, binoculars, and recommended glasses to enjoy this event effortlessly.
- During a lunar eclipse, make sure not to eat anything. Over and above, our ancestors advised us to keep tulsi leaves in the entry items.
- People can chant suitable mantras that can eliminate the harmful effect of the Chandra Grahan 2023.
- Avoid cutting your hair during a lunar eclipse, as it can harm you somehow.
- Even do not cut your nails too.
- One more thing you can do is keep your knives, forks, and any pointed items apart from yourself at the time of the lunar eclipse.
- It is said that donating food and other valuable items during the lunar eclipse is considered the most auspicious. So, you can do the same and get a load of benefits.
- It is also advisable for people to stay home during the lunar eclipse. Please do not go anywhere; it can harm you in various ways.
- Pregnant women should also take care of this astrological event. It may affect the health of the unborn baby in the womb.
- After ending the lunar eclipse, take a bath to purify your body.
Chandra Grahan 2023 is going to occur on 5th May this year. People interested in these astrological events can see them with their naked eyes without getting any harmful effects. This upcoming eclipse will be a shadow lunar eclipse that will begin at 8:44 pm and end at 1:01 am the next day, i.e., 6th May 2023. So, people can see this lunar eclipse without harm and enjoy their day.
What are the types of Chandra Grahan?
There are three types of Chandra graham: Full lunar eclipse, Partial lunar eclipse, and penumbral lunar eclipse.
When is the second lunar eclipse in 2023?
The second lunar eclipse will be on 28th October 2023 at 4:24 pm. It will be a partial lunar eclipse.
Is the first Chandra graham in the daytime?
Yes, the first Chandra graham will occur in the daytime, i.e., on 5th May 2023 at 1:00 pm.
Is the first lunar eclipse partial or shadow?
The first lunar eclipse that will occur on 5th May 2023 at 1:30 pm is a shadow lunar eclipse.