Buddha Purnima Wishes: Buddhism was founded by Gautama Buddha. Buddha Purnima is usually Gautama Buddha’s birthday. It serves as a great festival and people love celebrating the day with great enthusiasm. The day changes every year as per the Buddhist calendar.
As per the Buddhist Calendar, Gautama Buddha’s birthday falls in the month of Vaisakh (full moon day). According to history, 2023 is Gautama Buddha’s 2584th birth anniversary. This year Buddha Purnima is on 5th May 2023. They light candles and make wishes in front of the Buddha’s temple.
Let us know about Purnima Tithi. On May 04, 2023, exactly at 11:44 pm, Purnima Tithli will commence and on May 05, 2023, at 11:03 pm it will end. On that day, seek blessings from God and offer him respectful obeisances and donate as much as you can.
Buddha Purnima Wishes
Buddhism is a religion that has been sparkling worldwide for a long time. Gautama Buddha, the father of the Buddhist religion, had always believed in non-violence and non-slaughtered animals. This belief still exists among Buddhist people and they also follow this.
There are many other names by which Buddha Purnima is well-known. Some of them are Vesak, Buddha Jayanti, Vaishaka, Lord Buddha’s birthday, and many more. On this day, Buddha brought awareness among people. There are many beliefs and myths about Lord Buddha. As per the Drik Panchang, North Indians believe that Buddha is the 9th incarnation of Lord Vishnu. However, in South India, the case is not the same. It is the opposite. Here, people believe that Balaram is the 8th incarnation of Buddha. They do not think that Buddha is an incarnation of Lord Vishnu.
Buddha Purnima Information
|Buddha’s Birthplace||Lumbini Province, Nepal|
|Buddha Purnima Other Names||Buddha Pournami, Buddha Jayanti, Vesak, Vaishaka, etc.|
|Date of Birth||563 BCE|
|Birth Anniversary||2585th Birth Anniversary|
|Death Place of Buddha||Kushinagar, India.|
Buddha Purnima Puja Rituals
On Buddha Purnima, if you are willing to conduct any puja rituals then follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Get up early in the morning and clean your home completely.
- Take a bath after cleaning the house.
- Drizzle drops of Gangajal in the house.
- Garnish fresh flowers all over the house and light a candle.
- In the doorway of your house, draw a swastika (roli or kumkum).
- Nearby the Bodhi tree, a cascade of milk.
- It is an important day for charity. Donate as much as you can to the needy. It will be a blessing for you.
Buddha Purnima Date and Time
If we see the dates and timings as per the Hindu calendar, then every year Buddha Purnima falls on Vaisakh which is also referred to as the full moon day. In particular, Buddha Purnima will start at 11:44 pm on 4th May 2023 and will end on 5th May 2023 at 11:03 pm. This year celebrates Buddha Purnima with happiness and with family. The days are propitious and full of enjoyment. May this Buddha Purnima bring a sense of gratitude to everyone’s heart.
|Article Title||Buddha Purnima Wishes|
|Festival Date||05th May 2023|
|Timings||04th May 11:44 pm 2023 to 05th May 11:03 pm 2023|
|Worship of||Lord Buddha or Gautam Buddha|
Why is Buddha Purnima Necessary?
Buddha Purnima is considered to be a thrice-blessed festival. In other words, Buddha is mainly recognized for his three important events which are his birth, enlightenment, and nirvana. He has brought many different concepts to the world like non-violence, respecting women, and non-slaughtering of animals. In Srimad Bhagavatam, he is also considered to be the incarnation of Lord Vishnu.
Secondly, the teachings of Lord Buddha have brought a large impact on people worldwide. They follow his principles and also encourage other people to follow him. Many schools and colleges also teach the principles and history of Lord Buddha. He has not only changed the lives of people but has opened the eyes of many people who were on the path of violence.
5 Divergent Ways Buddha Purnima is Remembered Across Asia
- In India, on the day of Buddha Purnima, Buddhists do not prefer eating meat.
- In Japan, they celebrate this auspicious occasion with ‘Hanamatsuri’, a flower festival where the statues are garlanded with flowers.
- In China, they light up the candles and visit pagodas.
- Thailand is known for chanting prayers on this day.
- However, South Koreans donate food and meals to poor people.
Buddha Purnima Wishes 2023
- Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
- May Buddha Purnima’s full moon today remove the darkness of ignorance from our lives and guide us to the path of peace and enlightenment! Happy Buddha Jayanti to you.
- May Lord Buddha enlighten you on the path of love, peace, and truth. Happy Buddha Purnima to you and your family!
Buddha Purnima Status 2023
- May the teachings of Lord Buddha inspire you to become a better person and make this world a better place.
- May the peace and enlightenment of Buddha’s teachings be with you always.
- May this Buddha Purnima fill your heart with kindness, love, and compassion.
Buddha Purnima Wishes in Hindi
- Buddha Purnima ki dheron subhkamnayein.
- Aap sabhi ko Buddha Purnima ki dheron dheron badhaiyan.
- Buddha Purnima ke avsar par aap sabko sukh shanti aur bahut saari khusiyan mile.
Whether Buddha Purnima is considered a national holiday?
No, Buddha Purnima is not considered a national holiday.
Is Buddha Purnima celebrated in India?
Yes, Buddha Purnima is celebrated in India by Buddhists.
Is there any symbol of Buddhism?
Yes, there is a symbol of Buddhism which is mainly Dharmachakra.